In this post I would like to introduce you my two favourite places in Bangkok I would hardly ever find by myself if I did not have a local guide. One is called Sit and Wonder (for a reason) and the other The Nest. You can find both of these spots in Sukhumvit area.
Sit and Wonder
Address: 58/12 soi Thonglor, Sukhumvit 55.
Why to go:
- Sukhumvit 55 is considered to be a ‚high society‘ area. It is because the King‘ s family lives here. Therefore the cost of rent and dining is pretty high. So visiting Sit and Wonder was like finding a gem where you can get a variety of noodles or rice together with either chicken, pork of beef for 59 bath only! The food looks good and tastes good.
- I loved the decor! It is kind of multi city urban style with one extra floor so there will always be a seat for you even during the busy lunch time.
- It is a popular place among the expats. So if you have an urge to escape Asia for a while and go somewhere where it feels more western, then Sit and Wonder is the right choice.
- Great location, only few steps from the Thong Lo BTS station.
Address: Rooftop, 9th Floor, Le Fenix hotel, Sukhumvit Soi 11
Why to go:
- Great location. Only 10 min walk from Nana station and right next to other awesome bar called Oskar or the Levels club.
- DJ in da house together with a drummer. Amazing combination!
- Comfy lounge beds available for the minimum of 2000 thb tab.
- Tasty food, tapas starting from 100 thb.
If you are looking for some cool rooftop place where you can lie down, move your feet to the beat of a catchy music and enjoy the open space whilst looking at the stars, then Nest is the place to be.